Re: possibility of merging \override and \set

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: possibility of merging \override and \set
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 18:36:18 +0200

Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden> writes:

> So even the documentation for \override says that it is NOT an
> override...

Yes, Han-Wen has taken some effort to make "Use the Source, Luke" not
too easy.  \override is not an override, but that's what it is called.

    "Or else what?" said Alice, for the Knight had made a sudden pause.

    "Or else it doesn't, you know. The name of the song is called
    'Haddocks' Eyes.'"

    "Oh, that's the name of the song, is it?" Alice said, trying to feel
    interested.

    "No, you don't understand," the Knight said, looking a little
    vexed. "That's what the name is called. The name really is 'The
    Aged, Aged Man.'"

    "Then I ought to have said 'That's what the song is called'?" Alice
    corrected herself.

    "No you oughtn't: that's another thing. The song is called 'Ways and
    Means' but that's only what it's called, you know!"

    "Well, what is the song then?" said Alice, who was by this time
    completely bewildered.

    "I was coming to that," the Knight said. "The song really is
    'A-sitting On a Gate': and the tune's my own invention."