Re: fix representation switching from line-position to staff-space (issu

From: dak
Subject: Re: fix representation switching from line-position to staff-space (issue 6778050)
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 19:51:49 +0000

http://codereview.appspot.com/6778050/diff/1001/lily/breathing-sign.cc
File lily/breathing-sign.cc (left):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6778050/diff/1001/lily/breathing-sign.cc#oldcode88
lily/breathing-sign.cc:88: int const int_dim = (int) ydim[i];
On 2012/10/27 19:36:21, Keith wrote:
If you want to avoid ending the divisi at a fractional position, maybe
just
ydim[i] = int_dim;

Sounds like a bad idea since it truncates, leading to potentially
unsymmetric results.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6778050/diff/1001/lily/breathing-sign.cc
File lily/breathing-sign.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6778050/diff/1001/lily/breathing-sign.cc#newcode99
lily/breathing-sign.cc:99: standard algorithms are suitable to find the
upper line of
Do we really need a complicated variable line arrangement algorithm
here?

Nobody complained before this was "fixed" 2.15-ish.  It really looks
like an overly complex solution to a self-made problem.

I think that for most of those problems, the very old code looking only
at the line-count property (even when it was overruled via
line-positions for special effects) was producing exactly what people
expected and wanted.

All that magic and second-guessing does not appear to have resulted in
an improvement for actual scores.  Not in results, and most certainly
not in predictability.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6778050/