Re: What happened to staging?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: What happened to staging?
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 09:06:30 +0100

Marc Hohl <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello list,
>
> yesterday, I pushed my two outstanding patches to staging
> and IIRC Benkő Pál has pushed two patches just before me.
>
> Now it looks as if origin/staging is in the same state as master,
> that is, the patches are no longer visible.
>
> What happenend to staging?

I reset it upon James' request since he had pushed bad material.  Since
his material was just at the top of staging, I found nothing wrong with
doing that, expecting no significant consequences for anybody else.

Looking at staging right now, it would seem that I messed this operation
up, indeed rewinding the state fully to master rather than just backing
out the problematic patch by James.

James appears to have recommitted the work of his that I backed out too
much.  I'll cherry-pick yours and Pál's changes back into staging, but
probably the "pushed to staging as xxx" commits should be corrected in
the wake of that.

I apologize for the inconvenience.