integration of chordmode in normal music

From: Joram Berger
Subject: integration of chordmode in normal music
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 21:19:19 +0100

Dear developers,

how about integrating the chordmode into normal music syntax?

Reasoning: chords are music, too. And with <…> chords are already
possible in the music input. Many modifiers like duration, alteration,
etc. are also possible with chords. So they are similar in many ways.

A solution I came up with: e.g. pitch in capital letters, like
C1 == <c e g>1
(would rely on case-sensitivity, which is not wanted, as far as I
understand.) There might be some difficulty when displaying music in
ChordNames to figure out what chord name to print.

This is just a spontaneous idea. Whether it makes sense, I don't know. I
just wanted to let you know. Feel free to just comment it as "bad idea".

Cheers,
Joram