Re: Doc: new syntax for \tweak, \override (2936) (issue 6852052)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Doc: new syntax for \tweak, \override (2936) (issue 6852052)
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 23:16:17 +0000

http://codereview.appspot.com/6852052/diff/1/Documentation/notation/vocal.itely
File Documentation/notation/vocal.itely (left):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6852052/diff/1/Documentation/notation/vocal.itely#oldcode170
Documentation/notation/vocal.itely:170:
On 2012/11/14 21:53:23, benko.pal wrote:
I'm sort of sorry to see this funny paragraph disappear :)
earnest: this (and some other examples) may well be worth mentioning
in Changes.

This is actually something that is not easy to explain.  It is more or
less

"Similarly, in lyric mode, a period will be included in the alphabetic
sequence that it follows. As a consequence, it would appear spaces must
be inserted around the period in @code{\override} commands.  However it
works without doing so since LilyPond will accept a single string with
dots inside here as well as several ones separated by dot."

Ugh.  I think it is hard enough to explain _why_ this works here that we
should not even try.  The only people who would feel offended by it
working without good reason will likely analyze the code.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6852052/