Re: Doc: Clarify footnotes as articulations (2971) (issue 6845078)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Doc: Clarify footnotes as articulations (2971) (issue 6845078)
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 11:17:36 +0000

On 2012/11/22 11:04:00, Trevor Daniels wrote:

That's always the problem when you try to explain rather
than just showing what to do, especially with a messy
interface like this one.

Basically we got one interface now, with two essentially different
behaviors depending on whether the last argument is music or a grob
specification.

It's less messy than it used to be, but that does not mean that it is
trivial.

I'll need to think about
this further.  I might chop the explanations - users in
general don't need this level of understanding.

Well, the documentation writers are in the unfortunate situation of
needing a more complete picture of the situation than what they end up
writing, starting from a point where the available information is less
than what they end up writing.  It is hardly surprising that this often
results in several iterations.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6845078/