Re: Uses single algorithm for side-position spacing. (issue 6827072)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Uses single algorithm for side-position spacing. (issue 6827072)
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 08:17:30 +0100

On 5 déc. 2012, at 07:16, address@hidden wrote:

> https://codereview.appspot.com/6827072/diff/19006/lily/side-position-interface.cc
> File lily/side-position-interface.cc (right):
>
> https://codereview.appspot.com/6827072/diff/19006/lily/side-position-interface.cc#newcode259
> lily/side-position-interface.cc:259: : "vertical-skylines",
> Now I see why you were marking the entire NoteColumn as cross-staff, if
> its Stem is cross-staff.
>
> << \new Staff="up" { g'8 \change Staff="down" g' r4 r2}
>   \new Staff="down" { s2\sustainOn s2\sustainOff } >>
>
> After line- and page-breaking, but before the spreading of staves across
> the page, we want to estimate the positioning of the pedal spanner.
>
> Comments above indicated that this code would see the NoteHeads, that
> is, a layer deeper in the packaging.
>
> https://codereview.appspot.com/6827072/

That's a good example. In general, anytime a NoteColumn is used as a side
positioning object and has a cross-staff stem, it has the potential to cause
problems w my patch. It'll take me a while to iron it out - there are lots of
circular dependencies. I have a chunk of time in June that I can devote to
development, so it may take a while to get this push-ready but it'll get
there...