Re: Clef positioning and key signatures

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Clef positioning and key signatures
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 12:38:53 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, June 15, 2013 12:30 PM

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

If I shift the position of the clef, and make an associated change to
the position of middle C, I'd expect the key signature to move, but it
doesn't. Am I not doing something, doing something wrong, or is this a
bug?

{ \key f \major c'1 }
{ \set Staff.clefPosition = #0 \set Staff.middleCPosition = #-4 \key f
\major c'1 }

You need to set middleCClefPosition as well.  In key-engraver.cc we have

     /* Use middleCClefPosition rather than middleCPosition, because cue
      * notes with a different clef will modify middleCPosition. The
      * Key signature, however, should still be printed at the original
      * position. */

Thanks. Looks like a documentation bug to me - this isn't mentioned at http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/notation/displaying-pitches where the other variables are documented.

--
Phil Holmes