Re: Review of the NR

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Review of the NR
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 13:17:12 +0200

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

> I've just spent a happy few hours reading the NR (pretty much all of
> it!), and have a list of 41 corrections - they fix things like
> snippets that should be ragged right, lines too long, some
> explanations that are no longer accurate, etc., etc.  I guess it will
> take me a day to fix them.  Do you think it would be better to list
> them here first, or just go ahead and post a patch for review?

I'd prefer one patch/issue per correction.  But the effort for that is
not in a realistic relation to the reviewers who are actually going to
look at it.  It would still be nice if you organized this into separate
commits (git rebase -i and git add -p can be pretty useful for that kind
of thing) but it likely does not need more than a single issue in the
tracker.

The most important consideration is that you don't do this in a manner
that leaves you with a "this is the last time I'll ever volunteer for
something like that" taste in the mouth.