Make doc crashing on my PC

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Make doc crashing on my PC
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 17:03:00 +0100

For a while, I've been struggling to get make doc working consistently on my build PC. This has been seen with my patchy failing, as well. I consistently get this in the error log:

Changing working directory to: `./out-www'
Processing `/home/phil/lilypond-git/Documentation/ly-examples/orchestra.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...
Preprocessing graphical objects...Segmentation fault

Because it only happens on make doc (I can't reproduce it directly) until today I'd not spent the time trying to work out what causes it. I've just spent most of the afternoon on a bisect (once I sorted out my LSR updates...) and have found that the guilty party appears to be

35d5f2e2ff40e0bd35cf00f22c2428eac354e566 is the first bad commit
commit 35d5f2e2ff40e0bd35cf00f22c2428eac354e566
Author: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
Date:   Sat Apr 27 18:31:01 2013 +0200

   Let stack-lines deal properly with vertical spacing (X-empty stencils)

I have no idea what that commit does, or why it would give my build machine problems, but I'd say I'm about 80% confident that's the offender. FWIW, the build machine is 64 bit, which may be why I see it and others don't. I guess it's also possible that it's the same thing that is intermittently causing James' patchy problems.

--
Phil Holmes