Re: Adds version number to web page side bar (Issue 3367) (issue10506043

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Adds version number to web page side bar (Issue 3367) (issue10506043)
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 11:03:51 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, June 30, 2013 7:25 AM

Also, I don't have time to compile right now, but I don't suppose it
also prints a version stamp in the older docs, like 2.12 and 2.14?

Obviously not. They're history and are never updated. However, not doing this will mean that 2.17 won't get a version number, nor 2.18, nor 2.19, etc.,etc. Doing it means they will and is therefore an improvement. Let's not stop an improvement simply because it's not the Ultimate Solution (TM).

Otherwise it doesn't really satisfy the original request on the tracker
- http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3367 .  Personally,
I think the real way to solve this problem is by fixing the issue I
raised here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2013-06/msg00108.html .

- Mark

--