Re: Make format for key changes consistent; minor formattingcorrections

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Make format for key changes consistent; minor formattingcorrections for affected regtests (issue 10868043)
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 14:25:45 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 1:07 PM

https://codereview.appspot.com/10868043/diff/1/Documentation/changes.tely
File Documentation/changes.tely (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/10868043/diff/1/Documentation/changes.tely#newcode320
Documentation/changes.tely:320: \clef bass \key es \major es g bes d
Ok, here is a true "can of worms" followup item: in the case where the
\key statement is followed by more material on the same line, it would
make sense to have a _double_ space before the following material.

git grep '\\key [a-z]\+ \\[a-z]\+ [^ {}]'

throws out a whole lot of candidates for that.  We don't do this sort of
double spacing with other constructs, but in the case of \major I find
the resulting progression in the line badly readable.

That's a whole new deal - related to this update, granted, but a separate issue really. It's rather proposing a new documentation on the back of an agreed update. Could I suggest we do the update, and if you still want a double space after key changes, you either propose it in devel, or put up your own patch for comment, once this is pushed?

--
Phil Holmes