Re: adding markup-commands \oval and \ellipse (issue 11427044)

From: dak
Subject: Re: adding markup-commands \oval and \ellipse (issue 11427044)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 10:00:54 +0000

https://codereview.appspot.com/11427044/diff/9001/scm/define-markup-commands.scm
File scm/define-markup-commands.scm (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/11427044/diff/9001/scm/define-markup-commands.scm#newcode416
scm/define-markup-commands.scm:416: (x-padding 0.75)
I am not enthused about the use of x-padding and y-padding here (no
other commands have them).  Boxes (of all kind) have box-padding (for
both x and y), circles have circle-padding.

It does make sense to have padding names that don't change when the
padded element changes.  It is somewhat annoying that overrides
encompass all enclosed material (particularly for things like word-space
and similar) rather than just the top level.

At any rate, having things like omnidirectional oval-padding and
ellipse-padding would not likely make me much happier.  So I'm just
expressing my displeasure at a dissatisfactory state that is not really
the fault of this patch.

https://codereview.appspot.com/11427044/