Re: enhancement request - new header field: movement

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: enhancement request - new header field: movement
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 10:08:38 +0200

Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:

> 2013/9/25 Jan-Peter Voigt <address@hidden>:
>> Hi David,
>> lilypond has a header field "piece", which is meant for movement names. To
>> have this field centered - default is left above the score - one has to
>> modify scoreTitleMarkup in paper.
>> Perhaps other markups would be nice. (a markup is a template by itself,
>> because it gets its title/coposer/etc names via \getProperty #'header:...)
>
> You mean it would be nice to add a few predefined header styles to
> choose from?  I agree, and i have something that i could share, but
> i'd like to first sort out our contribution policies (the "github
> discussion").

Well, there is movement in there, where we'll explore the technical
tools that Savannah might provide us with and see where we might want to
take our infrastructure based on that.  I suppose it's more efficient to
stall discussion until we actually know which options are feasible using
which hosters as I think it desirable to stay close with Savannah where
feasible.

LilyPond is not a _core_ GNU project like GCC or Emacs where copyright
assignments are required for every contribution in order to provide a
court-strong defensible position in the hand of the FSF regarding its
copyright.  If it were, pressing the necessity for a strong defensible
toolchain and hosting in the hand of the FSF would be easier.

But still, I think that we can make a reasonably good case for Savannah
to consider trying new things if that proves desirable.