Re: Move New_dynamic_engraver over the unused Dynamic_engraver (issue 14

From: thomasmorley65
Subject: Re: Move New_dynamic_engraver over the unused Dynamic_engraver (issue 14460043)
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2013 23:00:25 +0000

Although, I can't review C++, I've applied the patch for testing
(hopefully without mistake)

Testing this code

{ c''1_\mf^\> \break d''_\mp^\! }

I've got:

programming error: Spanner `Hairpin' is not fully contained in parent
spanner.  Ignoring orphaned part
{ c''1_\mf
          ^\> \break d''_\mp^\! }

Same error as in 2.17.27.
Any chance to make it work?

And what is "parent spanner" here?
The old dynamic-engraver seemed to collect Hairpins/DynamicText in the
DynamicLineSpanner (I suppose this was the former "parent spanner"),
does the new one different?

At least this coding prints the same with and without your patch:

{
  \override DynamicLineSpanner #'after-line-breaking =
    #(lambda (grob)
       (display (ly:grob-object grob 'elements)))

}

Or am I completely wrong and this patch has nothing to do with the
problem above?

https://codereview.appspot.com/14460043/