Re: 2.18 schedule/incoming issues

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: 2.18 schedule/incoming issues
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 17:24:55 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, October 12, 2013 5:12 PM
Subject: 2.18 schedule/incoming issues

Ok folks, I am currently swamped: we recently had an influx of
near-trivial documentation bugs/requests that would warrant attention.
There are also smaller bits and pieces, but here is the beef on the 2.18
situation:

I would think that the best thing is for you to concentrate on the issues that might currently prevent 2.18 being ready to go. Your work on fixing issues as they arrive is admirable, but (AFAIK) has not been our normal process - rather we have ensured that the bug is in the tracker and then left it until someone picks it up at some point in the future. This might be less responsive for users, but it's the way it is.

You could even stop monitoring -user for a while - there's no requirement for devs to monitor that list, and many of the users are good enough to answer questions as they arise there - that would allow you to focus more clearly on cleaning up the code ready for a 2.18 release.

--
Phil Holmes