Re: How to revert 'metronomeMarkFormatter'

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: How to revert 'metronomeMarkFormatter'
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 18:09:09 +0200

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently working on improving 'metronomeMarkFormatter', related
> to issue 3096
> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3096
>
> I stumbled about an issue I don't know how to handle.
> If another metronomeMarkFormatter is used, it should be possible to
> revert it as usual, i.e.:
> \set Score.metronomeMarkFormatter = #<what-ever>
> and revert with
> \unset Score.metronomeMarkFormatter

When would that ever work with a _Score_ context?

> In procedure apply in expression (process-procedure book paper ...):
> /home/me/lilydevel/usr/share/lilypond/current/scm/lily-library.scm:242:5:
> Wrong type argument in position 1: ()
>

> What to do?

If the metronomeMarkFormatter is established in the Score context, there
is not much one can do.  Now one interesting question would be why the
default grob properties are established in the \Global context (via
\grobdescriptions) while the default context properties are established
in the \Score context.

As long as that is the case, an \unset in the Score context is final.