Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3631 in lilypond: 2.17 does a worse job with v

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3631 in lilypond: 2.17 does a worse job with vertical spacing and/or the page layout than 2.16
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 16:30:26 +0100

Mike Solomon <address@hidden> writes:

> On Nov 2, 2013, at 3:32 PM, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> On 02/11/13 15:12, Mike Solomon wrote:
>>> Not sure what a git formatted patch is…I can, however, download the
>>> Rietveld patch and send it to you if you want.
>>
>> Git can extract text patch files from your version history, which
>> can then be sent by email.  It's a simpler way of getting patches
>> to/from people than needing to publish branches.
>>

> Ah, OK.
>
> The issue is that I don’t want to send anything from my computer for
> pushing, as my libguile is broken and I’m not comfortable sending a
> patch for pushing unless I’ve done a clean compile with it once just
> in case.  The Rietveld version is the last reviewed and OKd one, so
> I’d prefer that someone pushes that.

That does not seem like it would magically compile itself any more than
when you send a properly formatted patch.  Actually, it _will_ magically
compile itself (that's what Patchy-staging is for, but whatever.  I'll
pick up from Rietveld if that's what you prefer, but it _does_ make more
trouble for yourself when rebasing and merging if a naked change is
getting pushed rather than a properly recognized git patch.  With the
latter, git associates somewhat more identity.