Re: Reduce offsets of \super and \sub (issue 35320043)

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Reduce offsets of \super and \sub (issue 35320043)
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 22:04:47 -0800

On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 21:21:49 -0800, <address@hidden> wrote:

Would it be possible to directly compute the height of the current
font's `x' glyph as a basis value for raising and lowering?

https://codereview.appspot.com/35320043/

I tried to do that for centering dynamics on their hairpins, but could not see
anyway except to build a sample stencil
https://codereview.appspot.com/7005056/diff/29001/scm/output-lib.scm#newcode861
and decided against it because it costs some time and I cannot guess be sure it
would do any good (in someone's real situation where he uses some other font
for dynamics).

Do you know if the fonts, in the form LilyPond uses, will report their
x-height, and if so how to get the information out of pango ?