Re: branching

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: branching
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 08:19:33 +0100 (CET)

> One thing that is important to restate is that I realize that,
> unlike my bad-but-getting-better commenting style, _all_ of this is
> out of David’s control in that it stems from a medical issue.  Which
> means that the communication problems won’t go away - they’re going
> to be a fixture of LilyPond development so long as he’s involved.
> As a group of humans, it is _everyone’s_ responsibility to find
> creative ways to get past handicaps because _no one_ wants to have
> them.  What I’d like to see is a situation where David can blow off
> steam however he needs to, he doesn’t feel like people are ignoring
> him, and LilyPond can be a dynamic, multiplayer environment without
> people getting offended and leaving the project.

I fully agree.  I got into the habit of contacting apparently offended
people off-list to explain the very reasons why communication on this
list can be tedious sometimes.

And please remember the most important thing: There is *never* an
intention, as far as I can see, to offend people.  The more factual
the discussion, the better it works.

    Werner