Re: Website questions: GSoC

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Website questions: GSoC
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 12:33:52 +0100

Am 14.12.2013 08:56, schrieb James:
On 14/12/13 07:14, Urs Liska wrote:
Am 14.12.2013 04:53, schrieb Graham Percival:
On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 02:06:38PM +0100, Urs Liska wrote:
The page "GSoC 2012" is obviously outdated.

What should be done with it?
I suggest deleting it.  There's no evidence that the proposed
mentors are still available or interested, and those specific
proposals are a small subject of the available issues in the
tracker.

- Graham

I assume that all infos about project examples are present on the
tracker?

http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/list?can=1&q=gsoc

?

James

This isn't exactly the info about the project ideas but mainly what has actually been done during that time.

I think the project ideas of that page should be kept in the tracker.
If you agree and the content shouldn't silently be dumped I see two ways:

1)
Adding one issue pointing to this patch
where Janek entered the ideas list for the page.

2)
Adding new issues for each list item, copying the text from the website.

Or do you think this could silently be discarded? After all, I think _anything_ on this list should have been tracked as issues for quite some time, isn't it?

Urs