Re: Question about Snippets new vs LSR

From: James
Subject: Re: Question about Snippets new vs LSR
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 12:29:29 +0000

On 20/12/13 10:45, Phil Holmes wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Pkx" <address@hidden>
To: "Developers List" <address@hidden>

So I have a tracker issue that recommends changing a snippet that comes from the LSR but with a syntax that won't work with the current version of LP in the LSR (which I think is 2.14.something right?).

So in that case if I create a new snippet, what do I do with the snippet already created?

Delete it, or just remove it from the ref in the NR (where the example is) and give the new snippet a different name?

Ignore it. When makelsr.py is run, it first converts the snippets in Documentation/snippets and then works on Documentation/snippets/new, thus overwriting any in Documentation/snippets with any new version. So your new snippet has to go in Documentation/snippets/new

I haven't done snippets for a while so have forgotten and the CG is not clear in the matter.

James

Hope that's clear.

I think so.

1. Keep the same file name
2. Put in Snippets/new - which then forces an overwrite of the old snippet with the same filename

With regard to the patch, I guess I git-cl upload with *just* the patch but I have to test the patch with makelsr.py run on my local tree so that it really tests the make-doc?

Then when I push, I push it with the makelsr.py or do I push and then makelsr.py and then push that as a separate patch?

Oh... one more.

If I overwrite the snippet that will no longer work in the version that LSR uses, I assume we don't 'push' that snippet up to the LSR and break something there?

Thanks again.

James