Re: Fastest way to rebuild Feta

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Fastest way to rebuild Feta
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 16:40:30 +0100

Am 04.02.2014 16:11, schrieb Janek Warchoł:
2014-02-04 Urs Liska <address@hidden>:
Hi,

I actually did my first modifications to Feta (not intended for a general
contribution but rather for a personal project).

If I use Janek's script to rebuild LilyPond it takes a mere 5-10 seconds to
finish, which is quite good.
But is there a more straightforward (and faster) way to compile the font or
even a given glyph individually to judge the results of the metafont
modification? As long as I'm going through it by trial&error, even 5-10
seconds sum up considerably ...

https://github.com/janek-warchol/cli-tools/blob/master/lilypond/dvi-preview.sh
in particular m and n options.

Note that this code is extremely ugly.
Also, evince seems to be nicer for viewing dvis than xdvi (did i say
anything about the script  being ugly?)

Thanks. As long as it works it's a very nice way.
But it works only with _some_ files here, and not with others:

feta16 for example works.
feta-dynamics stops with:

>> 0.41667dynamic_design_size
! Improper font parameter.
<to be read again>
                   ;
l.26 font_x_height 1 ex#;

Other arguments stopped differently.

Does this point to errors in the mf files (unprobable) or can't I call/process all files the same way?