Re: NR: Removed example for alternate repeats (issue 61170044)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: NR: Removed example for alternate repeats (issue 61170044)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 06:42:20 +0000

I suggest just removing the obsolete text, and skipping the additions
(unless you are worried that the manual is getting too short).

https://codereview.appspot.com/61170044/diff/20001/Documentation/notation/repeats.itely
File Documentation/notation/repeats.itely (left):

https://codereview.appspot.com/61170044/diff/20001/Documentation/notation/repeats.itely#oldcode172
Documentation/notation/repeats.itely:172:
@lilypond[verbatim,quote,relative=1]
While you are looking at this section, you might consider removing the
comments in these two examples.

The comments "no \partial here" make it very difficult to read.  I look
at it and keep thinking that we *do* need a \partial somewhere because I
see it in several places.

If this example didn't exist I would not think I needed \partial to
write this.  Simple examples confirming that fact would help everyone.

https://codereview.appspot.com/61170044/diff/20001/Documentation/notation/repeats.itely
File Documentation/notation/repeats.itely (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/61170044/diff/20001/Documentation/notation/repeats.itely#newcode215
Documentation/notation/repeats.itely:215:
These three examples are more useful as regression tests than as
documentation.

If someone needs a time-signature change in the first alternative, this
is the only way to write it.  So the one or two people who will write
something like this don't need the docs, and the rest of us will spend
time being puzzled before figuring out that the second ending in 3/4
time is how it must work.

https://codereview.appspot.com/61170044/