Re: how close are we to having an "addAt" or "insertAt" feature?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: how close are we to having an "addAt" or "insertAt" feature?
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 20:53:18 -0500

Hi Jan-Peter,

Thanks for the detailed response!

> I will answer more , when I left all infections behind, which my
> children brought from school and kindergarten …

=\

Although my 3½ year old daughter has had several bouts of “day-care-itis” — and
my wife picked it up several times — I’ve fortunately avoided all sickness this
season.

> a) The "my" is the first part of an arbitrary identification part of the
> engraver. In fact "\editionEngraver" is a scheme function, which returns
> an engraver with the given id-path. So it might be
> \consists \editionEngraver kierens.great.musical

So the ‘test’ in '\addEdition test’ is not related to the ‘test’ in ‘my.test’?

> b) The "Staff.A" is added to the path by the engraver on initialization.
> The engraver adds the context-name to the id-path, which is in this case
> "Staff", and then adds a counter, which is in fact a letter, so that we
> can use dot-notation: "kierens.great.musical.Staff.1" will not parse,
> but "kierens.great.musical.Staff.A" will.

OK.

> c) With "\editionEngraver ##f" an engraver is created, which searches
> the parental contexts for an id and inherits the id.

OK.

I will try again, given this new information.

Thanks!
Kieren.