Re: Question about customizing emmentaler font

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Question about customizing emmentaler font
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 00:58:58 +0200 (CEST)

> Here's a couple of screenshots of what I mean by the internal
> corners needing to be rounded.

Thanks, your verbal description already has made clear what you want
to do.  I would rather like to see scanned images from real, printed
scores...

> If you can help me know how to add these rounds programmatically
> with metafont, I'll be a VERY happy camper :)

It can be realized quite easily with a macro: You have two
intersecting vectors (in and out), and you want to `connect' them with
a circle, where the circle's radius doesn't change with the font size.

However, some objects like the violin clef must be partly rewritten
since we currently use FontForge to remove the overlaps.  This is not
hard but tedious.  On the other hand, we would get rid of the
FontForge bugs related to overlapping removal, so it might be a useful
route to go.

    Werner