varC clefs in 2.19

From: address@hidden
Subject: varC clefs in 2.19
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 22:11:24 +0000 (GMT)

I was just looking over the "changes" page for the current development version
(2.19.x) and the section with the new clef glyphs caught my eye.  The example
given for; \clef "varC" *seems* to be alto clef only.  This clef in any
position is a 'C' clef as it marks middle C.  I'm sure it must be possible to
redefine the clef's position somehow, but this strikes me as an oversight,
especially with all the other clef transpositions which are readily available.

For the default forms, one need only specify "alto", "tenor", "mezzo soprano"
etc.  I have certainly seen this "var" form in the tenor position.  It seems to
me that if this clef has the glyph name 'clefs.varC' then to use it in the alto
postion one should type \clef "varAlto" and for tenor, \clef "varTenor" as is
done for the default forms.

Maybe I overlooked something.  My comments are based on the example on the
"changes" page as well as looking through the clef section the docs for v2.19.

-David