Question about new feature - Color and/or parenthesize single dots in fr

From: James
Subject: Question about new feature - Color and/or parenthesize single dots in fret-diagrams
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 18:35:30 +0100

Hello,

I know nothing about Fret Diagrams or anything to do with this kind of
music notation, I am looking at some very simple examples (without
merely cutting pasting reg tests) for this new feature.

It seems to me that

This new feature only applies to 'fret-diagram-verbose' mode and you
cannot apply this to the 'terse' mode constructs or 'predefined' fret
boards?

Also, as these are 'markups', is the Staff mandatory?

So for example, the most simplest example we document is (pretty much):

\include "predefined-guitar-fretboards.ly"
\new FretBoards {
  \chordmode { c1 }
  <c' e' g'>1
}

So is it possible to apply a

\fret-diagram-verbose #'( ... )

construct in a \new FretBoards { ... } block

Apologies if this is a basic question, but I'd like to really give as useful
example as I can without all the other cruft (Staff, Chord names, staff notes
etc.).

James