Re: GUB failing

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: GUB failing
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 09:54:15 +0200

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

> From: "Janek Warchoł" <address@hidden>
> To: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>

>>> I cannot fathom the error.  The only guess I have is that the
>>> library/compiler used for bootstrapping has a macro or reserved word
>>> defined for "interface".  In which case using a different identifier
>>> would likely help.
>>>
>>> Or this is a followup error.  But the line, by itself, looks
>>> inconspicuous.
>>
>> I don't have any better idea.  Phil, could you try the attached patch
>> and see if this helps?  I don't have GUB set up, and i probably won't
>> have the opportinuty to set it up for myself soon.
>
> Interesting.  That appears to have fixed it: GUB has successfully
> completed building mingw.

Either this fixed it, or it was some other fluke, like a hardware
problem.  But then it would be strange that it bombed out on one of
Janek's changes.

> Probably safest to let it finish later this morning, but I suggest to
> prepare a patch to push direct to staging when I give the go ahead
> later today.

I just wanted to propose using "if" instead of "interf" as a somewhat
nicer abbreviation.  Would you believe that I only noticed the problem
with that when actually typing it right now?

Huh.  How about "iface"?  "interf" is really ugly.