Re: Status of Guile 2.0 Support (Next Debian release won't ship guile-1.

From: Don Armstrong
Subject: Re: Status of Guile 2.0 Support (Next Debian release won't ship guile-1.8)
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 12:23:15 -0700

On Sun, 21 Sep 2014, Don Armstrong wrote:
> OK. I *might* be able to convince the guile maintainer to keep 1.8 just
> for lilypond, but that also might mean that I'll end up having to
> maintain guile 1.8 too.
>
> Could you point me at a list of guile 2.0 bugs which are affecting
> lilypond? Having that list handy would help me convince the guile
> maintainer (and also Debian's release managers and security) that there
> were valid reasons to keep guile 1.8 for another release of Debian.

Just for the record, the Debian bug for this is

It can sometimes happen that a scholar, his task completed, discovers
that he has no one to thank. Never mind. He will invent some debts.
Research without indebtedness is suspect, and somebody must always,
somehow, be thanked.
 -- Umberto Eco "How to Write an Introduction"