Re: Add an alternative Drum Style - agostini-drums-style (issue 15086004

From: dak
Subject: Re: Add an alternative Drum Style - agostini-drums-style (issue 150860044 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 13:23:31 +0000

https://codereview.appspot.com/150860044/diff/1/Documentation/notation/percussion.itely
File Documentation/notation/percussion.itely (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/150860044/diff/1/Documentation/notation/percussion.itely#newcode271
Documentation/notation/percussion.itely:271: It typesets a typical drum
kit on a five-line staff created by
I'd organize this a bit differently.  The sentence at the bottom sounds
too defensive, and I'd leave out most of the details here.  Instead of
explaining who Agostini was, it would be more important to
composers/typesetters to know when they can expect to counter this
notation and when they might be expected to produce it.

I'd write something like the following (I am _completely_ making this
up, so please change all the factual statements):

    This alternative drum style is named after the French drummer Dante
Agostini who invented it in 1965.  It uses a different layout of
instruments in a five-line staff.  Initially employed for psychodelic
rock, it is still the prevalent notation style for North Italian Cabeza
music.

Probably the most notable difference

https://codereview.appspot.com/150860044/