Re: Make \time work with \tweak and \footnote (issue 149170044 by addres

From: dak
Subject: Re: Make \time work with \tweak and \footnote (issue 149170044 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 09:07:26 +0000

On 2014/09/30 04:54:22, dak wrote:
On 2014/09/30 03:50:30, Dan Eble wrote:
> \compoundMeter should create a TimeSignatureEvent too.

[Slaps forehead]

> I managed to do it by
> incorporating \time into the definition of \compoundMeter, but
perhaps you
have
> a better idea.

I'll take a look.

Huh, what a crock.  I think the most reasonable course is to route
\compoundMeter through TimeSignatureMusic as well.  Tweaking a stencil
on a \time music would not work in those cases where tweaks don't work
right now, like

\score {
  << \new Staff { \tweak color #red \time 3/4 c4 4 4 }
     \new Staff { e4 4 4 }

}

where the color red will only appear on the first time signature (the
second one is generated from the same timing variables but does not get
to see the TimeSignatureEvent which is only announced in the first
Staff, so the cause of its TimeSignature grob remains unset).

So one still needs to record the stencil change in Timing itself rather
than route it through a tweak of TimeSignatureEvent.

https://codereview.appspot.com/149170044/