Re: Add chord range to make-part-combine-music (issue 144170043 by addre

From: nine . fierce . ballads
Subject: Re: Add chord range to make-part-combine-music (issue 144170043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2014 19:07:36 +0000

On 2014/11/01 18:32:49, dak wrote:
On 2014/11/01 18:04:31, Dan Eble wrote:
> Would you settle for my original approach of adding an internal
argument but
> not exposing any UI for it until after more thought is put into the
many
> interrelated issues that have been mentioned?

Well, you may have to rework once we have progressed on how we
organize
internals.  But that beats getting nowhere because of deadlocking on
everything
that might change.

What I am using now is a monolithic alternative part combiner.  A small
contribution that reduces the risk and extent of conflicts with new work
is still valuable to me.

After this, I think there might be one or two tiny bug-fixes that I can
extract, but the main thing that remains is solo inhibition. When I get
to that, I will try to consider the whole problem including forced
decisions, output voice selection, and context modification.  You have
shown me a lot in this review.  It strikes me as a project worthy of two
months of full-time work, but maybe I'll stumble upon some ideas that
eventually contribute to progress.

And it *is* sort of ridiculous that for every proposal regarding the
part
combiner I pull an old issue out of the hat where I did not ultimately
commit anything because I was not really happy with it either.

You said it. :-)

I expect to post another patch set with minor revisions soon.
(Hopefully it will show the deltas; this review was originally created
with my problematic LilyDev 2 installation.)

https://codereview.appspot.com/144170043/