Re: Add \numbered-time-signature markup command (issue 173260043 by addr

From: nine . fierce . ballads
Subject: Re: Add \numbered-time-signature markup command (issue 173260043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 19:49:53 +0000

On 2014/11/15 17:43:48, dak wrote:
Oops.  It's a markup command.  Have to think about this.

Yes.  This is part of my work on eliminating the C++ implementation of
time signatures which I've broken out into its own review.

The minor enhancements are what really matter to me, so that there is
one function that can create markup for all the built-in numeric time
signature styles.  If you don't like its existence as a documented
markup command, I wouldn't mind turning it back into a public function
returning markup; but I do rather like its availability as a markup
command for the sake of testing, and I think that a user who gets into
defining his own time signature styles will appreciate that it is
documented.

I chose the name \numbered-time-signature to match the time signature
style "numbered."  I would have preferred "numeric" but for the
inconsistency.  In a separate patch, I expect to add the markup function
\glyph-time-signature #'style #'(n . d), which draws a glyph from the
music font and falls back on \numbered-time-signature #'(n .d) if there
is no glyph.  Suggestions for better names are welcome.

https://codereview.appspot.com/173260043/