Re: Web: Essay - Add Elaine Gould's book Behind Bars (issue 187860043 by

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Web: Essay - Add Elaine Gould's book Behind Bars (issue 187860043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 17:17:59 +0100

Am 10.12.2014 17:06, schrieb Villum Sejersen:
Hello Trevor and whoever took the trouble to write thge entry (I simply can't find the name anywhere)

Yes. concise enough. Personally, although I don't like 'The definitive...'; 'An exhaustive...' is much more to my liking.

I am still hoping for Han-Wen and Jan sometime to comment the book somewhere... :) Elaine Gould's book and the Lilypond project were commenced around the same time! I do sincerely believe that many of Eleanor Gould's recommendations and her don'ts are already met by Lilypond, even in the default configurations! Not to mention by the many power users, whose skills ever astound me.

What about adding a reference to the german translation (2014)? It is not that often reference works are translated so early after the publication of the original, so I think it ought to be mentioned.

"Hals über Kopf. Das Handbuch des Notensatzes", Edition Peters, 2014

For all non-natives: "Hals über Kopf" is a similar pun as the English title, literally translating to "neck over head", musically meaning "stem over head".

Urs