Re: Newbie to lilypond - python 3 lilypond-book issue

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Newbie to lilypond - python 3 lilypond-book issue
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 15:17:10 +0100

Charlotte Godley <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I don’t really know how this works (not done much open source
> contributing), but I’m Charlotte, a CS student and I’m working on my
> dissertation which incorporates Lilypond for the typesetting portion.
>
> Anyway, I updated my mac at the start of this project to python 3, and
> I tried running lilypond-book on one of my reports and found a bunch
> of issues with python 3, mostly just syntax changes/methods that have
> been deprecated.
>
> I was wondering if anyone had fixed this yet/if it’s an issue/fixed in
> a patch somewhere, and if not should I open an issue on it? Like I
> say, I’m a newbie so help would be appreciated.

Of course it would be important to know which version of LilyPond you
are using.

I don't see an overwhelming amount of Python3 related stuff in our issue
tracker, but there is at least
<URL:https://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3494> which is
about a failure of "make website", and that should certainly exercise
lilypond-book.  That one was fixed in 2.17.25.

So which version of LilyPond are you using?