Re: \bookpart and variables

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: \bookpart and variables
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 10:02:12 +0100

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

> Folks,
>

> why are variable assignments not allowed in \bookpart?  For example,
> this snippet
>
>   \bookpart {
>     APT = \allowPageTurn
>
>     { c'' }
>   }
>
> fails.  In case this is just an omission, can it be fixed easily?

Well, as far as I can see, assignments are also not allowed in books.
And the reason mostly would be that books and bookparts don't have scope
of their own (apart from book's \paper block).  So even if it were
allowed, it would end up just the same as a global assignment outside of
the book/bookpart.

Do you have a particular use case in mind?