Re: Doc: issue 1432 (issue 206770044 by address@hidden)

From: Kevin Barry
Subject: Re: Doc: issue 1432 (issue 206770044 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 18:30:06 +0000

On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 5:45 PM, <address@hidden> wrote:

> This issue also says it is blocked by
>
> https://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=777
>
> But I am not sure if what Barry has done so far is relevant to this.
>
> https://codereview.appspot.com/206770044/

I did first try using the ly-python indent script (which hasn't seen any
substantial changes since 2013 judging from the relevant github page), but
it did a lot of reformatting, and in one or two situations behaved in a way
that I wasn't sure was correct (although emacs's indent-region typically
produced the same results).

For example, it seems to be the norm to indent the first line after
declaring a LilyPond variable, but neither the ly indent script nor emacs
will do this unless the line declaring the variable also contains an open
bracket of some kind (most do, but some don't).

So I just did it manually. Along the way I touched up one or two things
(whitespace) but obviously didn't catch everything that could be improved.
Should I go ahead and make the changes c_sorensen suggested? I don't mind
going through the files looking a bit more closely. The alternative I
suppose would be to try and update the ly indent script or ask for it to be
changed.