Re: Thoughts about the LilyPond web site

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Thoughts about the LilyPond web site
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 11:27:15 +0100

Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 27.02.2015 11:01, schrieb David Kastrup:
>> Which means that one cannot just click things together with some web
>> design tool resulting in a Flash page inaccessible to blind readers and
>> only rendering as intended on Internet Explorer.  Which is more or less
>> the standard for "pretty".
>
> I don't think that's completely fair. There are lots of layouts and
> frameworks out there that do respect standards and accessibility but
> look modern anyway.
>
> But of course you're right in pointing out more of the complexity of
> the task.

It's more the complexity and quality of the current solution.  "I can do
better than that" is much easier said than done once you realize that
the current state does a whole lot more than look tolerable.

But rearranging its structure and organization and texts is easily done.
Any ideas relating to the content rather than the graphical appearance
do not come with large hidden costs.