Re: Avoid floating-point compares on Stem:head_positions; issue 4310 (is

From: dak
Subject: Re: Avoid floating-point compares on Stem:head_positions; issue 4310 (issue 217720043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 09:10:29 +0000

_How_ do we arrive at different versions of 3.0 here, or at GCC
considering 3.0 > 3.0 ?  While doing floating point comparisons is
fraught with its own problems, small integers _are_ exactly
representable in IEEE floating point numbers regardless of their
precision.

The fix certainly makes sense in that it makes the code more
straightforward.  However, the condition triggering the bad behavior is
likely to bite us elsewhere with random symptoms.

So we should find the cause and fix it, even though in this particular
case the bad effect can be made to go away by sanitizing the code.

https://codereview.appspot.com/217720043/