conflict ly module in ly2video and python-ly (was Re: Frescobaldi 2.18 i

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: conflict ly module in ly2video and python-ly (was Re: Frescobaldi 2.18 install problems on KXStudio)
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 07:21:45 +0100

Dear Adam and Colin,

Op Wed, 11 Mar 2015 09:03:16 -0600
Colin Campbell <address@hidden> schreef:

> Nailed it, Wilbert! It seems that I must be the first person to
> install python-ly as well as Adam Spiers' ly2video. That's a really
> cool utility which takes a .ly project, compiles to MIDI and
> ultimately gives an AVI file with the score scrolling past over the
> synchronised MIDI.

It turns out that the ly module in ly2video is an old version of the
same ly module I wrote for Frescobaldi, which now is in python-ly.

I added this as an issue in the ly2video tracker
https://github.com/aspiers/ly2video/issues/56, and I'm willing to help
changing ly2video to use the new ly module, which is actively
maintained and stable.

Best regards!
Wilbert

--