Re: PATCHES: Countdown for April 6th 2015

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: PATCHES: Countdown for April 6th 2015
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2015 09:27:50 +0100

On 04/04/15 08:49, David Kastrup wrote:
> James <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Here is the current patch countdown list. The next countdown will be
>> on April 6th.
>
> Ok, the current patch load is too large to go through in half an hour or
> so, and I am on my yearly climbing trip in Italy so I cannot really
> invest much more than half an hour daily right now.  There are several
> patches which I'd like to see through completely since they concern user
> interfaces and/or programming.  I'll return on Monday/Tuesday night so
> I'd be glad if the countdowns got frozen till Wednesday: I expect to be
> able to catch up fully on Tuesday.
>
> If we freeze patches only on countdown state and nothing else I hope not
> to curb the holiday rush of activity too much.
>
> Would people be ok with that?  If not, I'll try to compile a shortlist
> of patches I'd like to see delayed this evening in order to give them
> proper attention and let the rest pass normally.
>
> Thanks for your understanding

I have no issues with doing that.

What I can do, so as to not put of people submitting patches in the
meantime, is to continue test/review/countdown and just not go through
to the push stage until the 8th (Wednesday) review. So things sit on
'countdown' until then.

It may mean patches get back-logged but I don't think that it will be
that much of a problem.

James