Re: cygwin64 - building 2.18.2 doc fails

From: Masamichi HOSODA
Subject: Re: cygwin64 - building 2.18.2 doc fails
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 23:29:38 +0900 (JST)

> I am using an equivalent way on the build system
>   make LDFLAGS="$(python-config --libs)"

Thank you.
When GUB builds cygwin and mingw lilypond,
it seems to be using a similar way.

However, when GUB builds linux lilypond etc., the option is not used.
It is not cleary for me that why the option is not required for linux etc.

> TMP and TEMP are windows specific system variables,
> but on my system are just re-defined as
> TEMP=/tmp
> TMP=/tmp

Yes. You are right.

lilypond-2.18.2's ``input/regression/midi/GNUmakefile'' (without my patch)
uses TMP as a temporary variable.
Therefore, it is set like following value the GNUmakefile.

TMP=key-initial.ly key-option-all-staves.ly key-option.ly lyrics-addlyrics.ly
partcombine.ly quantize-duration-2.ly quantize-duration.ly quantize-start.ly
rest-dynamic.ly rest.ly staff-map-instrument.ly staff-map-voice.ly voice-2.ly
voice-4.ly voice-5.ly

Then, pnmtopng fails with the error such as the following.

pnmtopng: Unable to create temporary file according to name pattern
'key-initial.ly key-option-all-staves.ly key-option.ly lyrics-addlyrics.ly
partcombine.ly quantize-duration-2.ly quantize-duration.ly quantize-start.ly
rest-dynamic.ly rest.ly staff-map-instrument.ly staff-map-voice.ly voice-2.ly
voice-4.ly voice-5.ly/pnmtopng_XXXXXX'.  mkstemp() failed with errno 2 (No such
file or directory)

My patch changes variable name from TMP to other name.