Re: Part combiner: move direction handling out of iterator (issue 226430

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Part combiner: move direction handling out of iterator (issue 226430043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 18:29:17 +0000

Looks good to me.

https://codereview.appspot.com/226430043/diff/20001/input/regression/display-lily-tests.ly
File input/regression/display-lily-tests.ly (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/226430043/diff/20001/input/regression/display-lily-tests.ly#newcode224
input/regression/display-lily-tests.ly:224: \test "NOT A BUG" ##[
\oneVoice #]    % resetting a bunch of properties
Given that \displayLilyMusic does not reverse-engineer \voiceXxx, it
seems it would take some work to teach it to reverse-engineer
\partcombineUp/Down

https://codereview.appspot.com/226430043/diff/40001/lily/part-combine-iterator.cc
File lily/part-combine-iterator.cc (left):

https://codereview.appspot.com/226430043/diff/40001/lily/part-combine-iterator.cc#oldcode396
lily/part-combine-iterator.cc:396: SCM lst = get_music ()->get_property
("elements");
Later, it would be good to have PartCombineMusic contain a
ContextSpecdMusic for each of the four output Voices and the Devnull in
its 'elements.    Instead of the loop above, we would step through the
list of 'elements and link handles_[] to the contexts defined by
\partcombine.

Then instead of the strings in outlet_names_[] we just use the
context-id of each of the 'elements.   Then we can combine two output
Voices into one, such as CONTEXT_SHARED and CONTEXT_SOLO, by giving the
corresponding ContextSpecedMusics the same context-id.

https://codereview.appspot.com/226430043/