Re: Strange "make check" error

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Strange "make check" error
Date: Fri, 01 May 2015 18:48:52 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

>> Cleaned everything out.  Baseline got rebuilt, same error.  Checking
>> different patch (4360 instead of 4357), same error.
>>
>> I'll eventually do the "reboot computer" dance but I suspect that we got
>> ourselves a problem with Ubuntu 15.04.
>
> Well, either that, or with the latest changes in master.  But they
> should have passed through some instance of Patchy too after all.  Or
> doesn't the staging patchy do a "make check"?  Perhaps it only does
> "make test"?  Because it is "make check" that appears to be newly
> broken.

Oh good grief.

man compare

       The  compare  program  returns 2 on error otherwise 0 if the images are
       similar or 1 if they are dissimilar.

Line 1085 in scripts/build/output-distance.py:

def system (x):

    print 'invoking', x
    stat = os.system (x)
    assert stat == 0

Now "compare" is called with the option -dissimilarity-threshold 1 which
presumably should cater for an exit status of 0.

I cannot manage with _any_ options to get a status of 0 even for
completely identical images.  Probably a bug in this version of compare.