Re: absolute pitch entry: accept an offset octave (issue 235010043 by ad

From: paulwmorris
Subject: Re: absolute pitch entry: accept an offset octave (issue 235010043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 03 May 2015 21:09:26 +0000

On 2015/05/03 20:04:28, dak wrote:

There is no such thing as '' or s'' as a recognizable element in
LilyPond's
syntax and there is not even a tangible representation of it in
Scheme.  I don't
think that such a feature warrants both messing with the parser as
well as
introducing new Scheme entities.  So at least for me, those proposals
are
non-starters.

Good points.  I was only thinking about what might be best from a user's
perspective and hadn't considered feasibility.  I agree that this
wouldn't warrant such invasive changes.  (Although, it's too bad this
won't work since only the octave is relevant in Keith's patches...  I
haven't thought through the other proposals on the table.)

https://codereview.appspot.com/235010043/