Re: Windows speed improvements - update

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Windows speed improvements - update
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 15:08:45 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2015 12:06 PM

Phil Holmes <address@hidden> writes:

I've just started working again on some mensural music with associated
modern transcription.  The ancient score is about 8 pages long.  With
2.18.2 one of the pieces takes 97 seconds to compile.  With 2.19.19 it
takes 37 seconds.

Fantastic!

A bit too fantastic.  It would be interesting what change was the major
contributor here.

If it's Windows-specific only, it's probably related to font access.

I'm presuming it's the updates to pango:

https://github.com/gperciva/gub/commit/4c1a0b79a4ba00e3f49add10f6df82249733498d

--
Phil Holmes