Re: Some updates to the ancient music section (issue 240810043 address@h

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Some updates to the ancient music section (issue 240810043 address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 14:01:10 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: ""Jürgen Reuter"" <address@hidden> To: ""Jürgen Reuter"" <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2015 11:52 AM

  Hi all,

  On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 12:16 PM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
  > Reviewers: Trevor Daniels,
  >
  > Message:
  > Please review.
  > Without replacing @code{Ligature_bracket_engraver} with
  > address@hidden, the same music transcribes
  > -to the following
  > address@hidden, the same music looks as follows:

  Just a small nitpick: The central point of replacing
  Mensural_ligature_engraver with Ligature_bracket_engraver is a feature
  that in musicology is called "transcription" from ancient to modern
  music.  IMHO it's ok to remove the verb "transcribes" from this
  specific sentence.  However, the main thing in this section is that
  Lily supports automatic transcription of mensural ligatures.  Hence, I
  would propose to keep the word "transcribe" or "transcription"
  somewhere in that section.  Please also note that Sect. "2.9.6 Working
  with ancient music--scenarios and solutions" contains a subsection on
  transcribing Gregorian chant.  One could imagine to join -- or at least
  cross-reference -- these two sections.

  Best wishes,
  Juergen

I've just updated http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?u=1&id=1001 to include that information. I think this could then be included in place of the TBC in "Ancient and modern from one source", and this would then put some information into that section, and reference the word "transcription" in an appropriate place?

--
Phil Holmes