Re: Patchy email

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Patchy email
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 20:49:24 +0200

James Lowe <address@hidden> writes:

> But it is a lot less than it ever was and apart from the odd
> fat-finger of pushing to master instead of staging (and Phil's recent
> GCC issue) we've not had any broken master builds.
>
> Hooray for HEAD:staging!

Well, one quasi regular source of broken builds in old times came from
translation merges.  At the current point of time, translation merges
are done by only very few translators with considerable experience.

Part of the reason is that there _are_ only few active translators
currently.  A number of translations would require some more love.

Another regular source of broken builds were Texinfo syntax errors in
documentation strings.  Those have become quite fewer since the regular
Patchy testing includes doc builds.