Re: Tie: add some C++ rigor and concision (issue 252230043 by address@hi

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: Tie: add some C++ rigor and concision (issue 252230043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 23:19:22 -0400

On Jul 15, 2015, at 02:01 , David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> By turning the functions into member functions
> and letting the corresponding trampolines do the type verification while
> establishing the this-pointer, this is addressed summarily rather than
> at each call location.

Good idea.  This is rather complementary to the changes I made to other Tie
methods.

>> Here's a script in progress that currently does way, way too much.

That’s more than I’ve done with sed before, but so far I think I have picked
out which parts make which changes.

One thing that is obviously incomplete is that the final classes are not
derived from Grob.  Was there anything else in your plans?  If you’re busy with
other things, I am willing to try to complete this callback refactoring.
—
Dan